Faith in the Future
Reflecting on our past with Faith in the Future
In 2021, we reflect and give thanks for the contributions of those who have gone before us in Catholic education, celebrating 50 Years Together as the Catholic Education Western Australia (CEWA) system. Nationally we also commemorate the rich 200-year history of Catholic education in Australia.
The Faith in the Future Award category recognises, celebrates and leverages the contributions of the laity and religious orders and their charisms in witnessing to the mission of Catholic education and its faith story.
This award will recognise an outstanding Faith in the Future project or initiative developed by a Catholic school in Western Australia (one Primary and one Secondary).
Provide a 500-word overview of the project or initiative being nominated for the QCE Award.
- Describe your accomplishments, actions and guidance that celebrates your faith story.
- Who has benefitted from the project or initiative and in what ways?
- Briefly describe how this project honours your school’s heritage and witnesses to the mission of Catholic education and its faith story.
- Outline your actions and the way those actions will carry your faith story of Catholic education into the next 50 years.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 20 August 2021.
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination/School Details
- Nomination endorsement by the principal
- Nomination Overview of the project or initiative – Maximum 500 words
- Nomination Summary of the project or initiative – Maximum 100 words - The 100 word summary in your entry nomination will be used for the People’s Choice vote. Please ensure it encapsulates your initiative.
- School Logo (high resolution JPG file – minimum 1000px, 500kB).
- Photographs – Include three-five images (high resolution JPG files – Minimum 3Mb) of the nominated project and/or team members.
Nominations may also include (optional):
- Supporting Documentation – PDF document (maximum five pages).
- Media/Video – A video demonstrating the outcomes of the project or initiative (no more than three-minute duration), uploaded to a publicly viewable platform eg. Youtube, Vimeo or Microsoft Stream through your school account.
Any staff member in schools can make the application or be nominated (group nominations are also accepted).
All entries will receive promotion of their nomination through social media.
Category judges will shortlist applications and a final judging panel will determine the winners.