Catholic Pastoral Communities
The Community Award is centred on the mission of Catholic schools to provide inclusive and welcoming communities where the diverse needs of all students are supported, where partnerships with parents are valued and where all are inspired to actively live the Gospel.
This award recognises the commitment and dedication of staff, students and parents in fostering Christ-centred learning communities centred on supporting the diverse needs of students, staff and the school community.
This award will recognise an outstanding Community project or initiative developed by a Catholic school in Western Australia (one Primary and one Secondary).
Provide a 500-word overview of the project or initiative being nominated for the QCE Award.
- Briefly outline the purpose of the project or initiative and how it intended to foster an inclusive and pastoral community in your school.
- Describe the strategies, activities and resources employed.
- Who has benefitted from the project or initiative and in what ways?
- Describe how your school assessed the impact of the project or initiative.
- In what ways has the project or initiative demonstrated your school’s commitment to the wellbeing of students, staff and the community.
Please address how well the project aligns with the guiding principles of the CECWA Strategic Direction Community pillar:
- Inclusive communities welcoming and supporting students with diverse learning and social needs.
- Shared understanding and commitment to the Transforming Lives: Strategy 2025.
- Open processes for conversation and engagement with all members of CEWA communities and their local church.
- Services to enhance the safety and wellbeing of students and staff across all contexts.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 20 August 2021.
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination/School Details
- Nomination endorsement by the principal
- Nomination Overview of the project or initiative – Maximum 500 words
- Nomination Summary of the project or initiative – Maximum 100 words - The 100 word summary in your entry nomination will be used for the People’s Choice vote. Please ensure it encapsulates your initiative.
- School Logo (high resolution JPG file – minimum 1000px, 500kB).
- Photographs – Include three-five images (high resolution JPG files – Minimum 3Mb) of the nominated project and/or team members.
Nominations may also include (optional):
- Supporting Documentation – PDF document (maximum five pages).
- Media/Video – A video demonstrating the outcomes of the project or initiative (no more than three-minute duration), uploaded to a publicly viewable platform eg. Youtube, Vimeo or Microsoft Stream through your school account.
Any staff member in schools can make the application or be nominated (group nominations are also accepted).
All entries will receive promotion of their nomination through social media.
Category judges will shortlist applications and a final judging panel will determine the winners.