Catholic Schools of Excellence
In Catholic schools across Western Australia, there are many initiatives and projects, led by dedicated individuals and teams, that demonstrate a deep commitment to providing engaged learning environments where all students are supported to discover their potential.
The Education award recognises outstanding school projects and initiatives that inspire and support students in their learning and make a significant contribution to educational outcomes of students and staff in Catholic schools.
This award will recognise an outstanding Education project or initiative developed by a Catholic school in Western Australia (one Primary and one Secondary).
Provide a 500-word overview of the project or initiative being nominated for the QCE Award.
- What was the motivation for the project or initiative and what did your school set out to achieve?
- Describe the strategies, activities and resources employed.
- Who has benefitted from the project or initiative and in what ways?
- Provide evidence to support the impact of the project or initiative on learning outcomes of students or staff.
- In what ways has the project or initiative demonstrated a commitment to CEWA’s Vision for Learning?
- Describe any barriers to success and how these have been addressed.
Please address how well the project aligns with the guiding principles of the CECWA Strategic Direction Education pillar:
- Effective communities developing students as whole Christian persons.
- Catholic schools witnessing effective, contemporary pedagogy and mission-inspired practice and outreach.
- Shared understanding and commitment to a Catholic Vision for Learning across all schools.
- Commitment to providing high quality Religious Education.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 20 August 2021.
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination/School Details
- Nomination endorsement by the principal
- Nomination Overview of the project or initiative – Maximum 500 words
- Nomination Summary of the project or initiative – Maximum 100 words - The 100 word summary in your entry nomination will be used for the People’s Choice vote. Please ensure it encapsulates your initiative.
- School Logo (high resolution JPG file – minimum 1000px, 500kB).
- Photographs – Include three-five images (high resolution JPG files – Minimum 3Mb) of the nominated project and/or team members.
Nominations may also include (optional):
- Supporting Documentation – PDF document (maximum five pages).
- Media/Video – A video demonstrating the outcomes of the project or initiative (no more than three-minute duration), uploaded to a publicly viewable platform eg. Youtube, Vimeo or Microsoft Stream through your school account.
Any staff member in schools can make the application or be nominated (group nominations are also accepted).
All entries will receive promotion of their nomination through social media.
Category judges will shortlist applications and a final judging panel will determine the winners.