Accessible, Affordable and Sustainable System of Schools
Keeping pace with the diverse learning needs of WA’s population is vital in ensuring that Catholic schools remain sustainable and responsive in a changing educational landscape. This includes a clear focus on providing accessible and affordable education for all WA families who choose Catholic education.
The Stewardship category acknowledges outstanding initiatives and projects that have or continue to provide an accessible, affordable educational choice for those families that seek a Catholic education, as well as initiatives and projects that demonstrate initiative and commitment to supporting the needs of students, staff and community.
This award will recognise an outstanding Stewardship project or initiative developed by a Catholic school in Western Australia (one Primary and one Secondary).
100 word entry nomination summary
Your 100 word entry nomination is critical in summarising all of the major highlights and benefits of your project. It’s important to note, this summary will be used for the People’s Choice vote as well as the basis for the awards booklet and winning video script.
Nominations must address each of the following criteria with a brief response (no more than 250 words per criteria, you may refer to a linked media item to support your nomination).
- Briefly outline the purpose and desired outcomes of the project or initiative.
- Describe the strategies, activities and resources employed.
- How has this initiative or project demonstrated a commitment to stewardship as a fundamental dimension of your school’s operations?
- Describe how the project or initiative has enabled equitable access or affordability of education.
- Describe how your school assessed the impact of the project or initiative.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday, 11 August 2023.
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination/School Details
- Nomination endorsement by the principal
- Nomination Summary of the project or initiative – Maximum 100 words - The 100-word summary in your entry nomination will be used for the People’s Choice vote as well as the basis for the awards booklet and winning video script. Please ensure it encapsulates your initiative.
- Nomination Criteria Response for the project or initiative – Maximum 250 words per criteria
- School Logo (high resolution JPG file – minimum 1000px, 500kB).
- Photographs – Include three-five images (high resolution JPG files – Minimum 3Mb, landscape orientation) of the nominated project and/or team members. Please select which image you would like to use to accompany your nomination for the People’s Choice award.
Nominations may also include (optional):
- Supporting Documentation – PDF document (maximum five pages).
- Media/Video – A video demonstrating the outcomes of the project or initiative (no more than three-minute duration), uploaded to a publicly viewable platform eg. Youtube, Vimeo or Microsoft Stream through your school account.
Any staff member in schools can make the application or be nominated (group nominations are also accepted).
Category judges will shortlist applications and a final judging panel will determine the winners.
In order to ensure all nominations meet CEWA’s Vision for Learning and QCE Framework, please note all entries will be reviewed prior to voting for the People’s Choice award.